Make your layouts and presentations with templates and useful tools
Adobe InDesign is a program that allows you to make digital compositions and pages layouts in order to facilitate your work in the graphic arts world. Available for download since 1999 and described as a new standard for professional layouts, it was the first program of this sector that included extensible modular architecture, transparencies, parallel shadows and multiline composition. Since its inception, it has been known for its simple and intuitive use which has broken the market structure. It allows unprecedented creative freedom with a stable and secure interface.
The appeal of this design toolkit is that it has large sections of tools as typographic control, image management, design tools, productivity, generation of tables, export to PDF and printing. It is one of the programs included in the software package Creative Suite Design (CS), and is used by most of the print media, publishers, advertising agencies and graphic designers in general.
How to use
Adobe InDesign is aimed at professional typesetters and graphic designers. It was designed to help in layout, either in composition or in distribution of elements in the space available for design. Once you download it, you can uncover that it works with modules: columns, margins, indents and indications. Each of these modules can be defined and measured. Its interface is friendly; it works dragging the items you want to adjust them with the mouse or defining the specific values of these elements in the intended windows. With this program you can break free from methodic and leaden software.
In the initial screen there is a ruler that is very useful to define and visualize the values of the modules; you can even work with pinpoint accuracy. There is a grid basis important to deposit all items accurately. You can define the font styles like its size and the line spacing. It seeks that graphic designers define the typography, achieving a good composition and the color treated wanting.
The interface of Adobe InDesign is similar to any word processors since it contains menu items at various levels with leaflets and tabs. Adobe InDesign also has keyboard shortcuts and it has great flexibility as it adapts to users working habits. You, as a designer, can configure the keyboard layout to work quickly and you can customize the program and match plug components. It works pretty well for photo retouching or illustrations with a scalable architecture and object-orientation.
Adobe InDesign CS6 Features
These are the features of Adobe InDesign:
- It allows the composition and creation of publications with free
- It provides drawing tools for polygons and Bezier curves
- You can edit Bezier curves made with Illustrator
- The interface has dockable palettes and is divided into tabs
- The undo command is unlimited
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- The texts have a multiline layout mode and it adjusts the spacing between characters and words and also the line breaks
- Ability to export or print PDF documents
- The latest versions include dockable panels instead of pallets
If you want to know more about Adobe InDesign before you download it, check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for Adobe InDesign are the following:
- Intel® PentiumIV or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- 2GB of RAM
- 2.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation;
- 1024x768 display with 32-bit video card
- Adobe Flash Player 10 software required to export SWF files
- Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation
Adobe InDesign is ideal for graphic designers because they can make layouts of magazines, newspapers, or any publication draw or presentation structured on a page, in a free form.